Saturday, February 26, 2011

Projects!

I've got the bare bones of my super-secret-alternative-to-rebuilding-my-website project completed. And I use "completed" very loosely. It just works for the one thing I've built it to do, the user can't make many errors, and there are already a few off-the-cuff design choices that I'm going to want to revisit based on trying to use it for a few minutes.

But, it's at the proof-of-concept stage. It works. So now I really wanna talk about it.

I've changed names twice already. But in this screenshot it's called Stat Tracker:
I'm on a pretty stacked team here.
If you've ever tried keeping track of fantasy scores while watching a game of Ultimate, you know it's hard to keep track of more than one player at a time. And then you'll sometimes forget how many points your guy has, so you'll have to guesstimate and hope that your player still comes out with a high score for bragging rights.

Well, with this, you can let your phone do all of the tracking for you. Just fire it up, tell it who's on the line at the start of the point, then touch each person's name as they catch the disc. At any point you can jump over to the Stats tab and see what the stats are for the whole team.

That's the idea anyway. It's still got a long way to go, and a good number of bugs to crunch out. But it's an HTML5 app, so it should work on everything that has internet access and a modern browser. Although I'll probably only be testing it on the latest-and-greatest browsers.

I'm aiming to have something done (or at least shippable) by the end of the month. :)

No comments: