Monday, February 14, 2011

Music Pages

I'm going to have a week off of work next week. Mostly, it's to recover from the stress of launching that we still haven't gotten out of. Hopefully it'll bring me back to a state of relax I had on January 1st, before things got fucked and they changed everything on us again.

Breathe. Okay. That part is done. Move on.

Anyway, I might actually have enough time and interest into rebuilding my site like I said I would at the beginning of the month. The real big design change is around my music. It's something I never had before. It's also something that might let me try out fancy new HTML5 stuff. Here's my idea:

For each of my songs, I can have a page that displays everything about it. It'll have the video of me performing it, high-quality audio, lyrics, and possibly guitar tabs. This seems very well suited for HTML5, with the various video and audio tags.

And then I can take it one step further. What if I added a bouncy-ball or something, so I somehow highlighted a line of lyrics in time with the audio/video? Or what if I let you click on a line of the lyrics, and it jumped the audio/video to that spot? Or what if I let you highlight a section of lyrics and then looped over that?

I'm not sure exactly what I want to do, but this seems like a fun way to present what I've created and do it in a way that's fun to develop. We'll see what I can make in a week.

No comments: