Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bad Memory

I wrote a new song!

Song (mp3)

Lyrics:

Today I go to a concert
by my all time favorite band
I'm leaving so soon I will be in
an amazing auditory land

But

I cannot find my keys
Where did I leave my keys
I cannot find my keys
I thought they were right here

But now I can see they're not
Where could my keys have gone
Where have my keys gone?

Then I see them on the counter
So I grab them and I head downstairs
As I reach the curb then my
jaw hangs in the air

I cannot find my car
Where did I leave my car
Where is my car parked?
I thought it was right here

But now I can see its not
Where could my car have gone?
Where is my car parked?

Then I see it down the street
Behind a big ass SUV
I get in and I drive my car
to the concert so blissfully

I don't see where to park
I cannot park my car
I need somewhere to park
I can't just drive it in

Is there nowhere to park?
Where can I park my car?
I need to park my car

I catch someone as their leaving
and I pull right into their spot
As I stroll up to the venue
I remember something I forgot

I don't have my ticket
Where is my ticket
I can't find my ticket
It was in my pocket

But then I changed pants
Oh why did I change pants
It's in my other pants

So I leave from the concert
of my all time favorite  band
I'll see them next time around
and then I'll gladly shake their hands

I cannot find my car
Where did I park my car
I cannot find my car

Oh there it is.

2 comments:

Craig said...

Do you play the guitar separately, then overdub your vocal?

Chris Downie said...

I didn't for the youtube stuff so I wouldn't have to worry about video editing, but I did that for these tracks, yes.

Mostly so I can better tune the volume of the music & vocals.