Monday, February 28, 2011

Better is the Enemy of Done

My little pet project is close, so close, to being done. I have 3 screens in total. I've already gone & redesigned 2 of them after playing with them for a bit on my phone and realizing that some of my fancy coding tricks really just got in the way of what I wanted to do. So I redesigned them, rebuilt them, and made them better.

I considered just releasing it tonight so that I could say I did something by the end of February. But I know I want to redesign that 3rd screen. Then there are a handful of small features that I really want to add. I don't think it's called feature creep if they were features I had originally intended to do, I just hadn't got to yet.

So I'm giving myself an extension. I'm not really sure what my March project will be. But I'm going to keep working on this thing until I'm satisfied with its quality. I anticipate that I'll have something good enough to release in about a week. Just in time for spring league!

No comments: