Wednesday, March 23, 2011

San Francisco!

Last weekend-ish, Kathryn & I took a trip to the bay area. We went down to see & hang with a bunch of my college friends that I hadn't seen in a while. It was also Laura's birthday, so we went to a house party nearby to celebrate.

As you can see, it was a good party.
This is one of those times I wish I had taken more pictures. But there are plenty of pictures of me looking ridiculous, so maybe not having a few more isn't a bad thing.

We definitely got a few of the California-vacation-specific achievements out of the way:
  • Ate at In-n-Out.
  • Bought liquor in a grocery store.
  • Walked along Pier 39 & The Embarcadero (Didn't see Bushman, but I have since been convinced that he actually does exist, based on his 4-star rating on yelp)
  • Had amazing Mexican food in the Mission.
The weather was unfortunately very atypical for California. We had one or two dry days, but most of it was pretty cloudy and rainy. No more than it normally does in Seattle, though, so Kathryn & I were fine. It was pretty funny to see our friends freak out about a light mist or to hear them complain about how cold the 57-degree weather is.


It was a great trip overall. It's always good to see old friends. I may make an effort to tell smaller stories from my trip. We'll see. :)

No comments: