Sunday, January 30, 2011

Slow Car (In the Fast Lane)



A song about an annoying, everyday situation.

Lyrics:
At the end of a very long day
I wanna get in my car and drive my problems away
The open road makes me feel free
But who's this idiot in front of me?

It's a slow car in the fast lane
I can't believe it
I wanna go faster than 50
but he's in my way
A slow car in the fast line
why oh why
Just move out of my lane
and I can finally be free tonight

If you were doin 65 that'd be ok
On a city drive in the middle of the day
The limit is 80 you should go that speed
Or maybe 10 or 15 more, just follow my lead.

Don't be the
slow guy in the fast lane.
who I hate
The slow guy in the fast lane
makes everyone late
hey, slow guy in the fast lane
you're doing it wrong
slow guy in the fast lane
listen to my song tonight

I flash my headlights, I yell and I scream
I do whatever it takes so you know what I mean
You finally move over and I pass you by
But five minutes later who's in my headlights?

Another slow guy in the fast lane
Just my luck
Why drive a sports car
like it's a truck
A slow car in the fast lane
why oh why
Just turn on your blinker
And we can finally be free tonight

just move one lane to your right
move one lane to your right
and I can finally be free tonight

2 comments:

Craig said...

Might I suggest to leave eight bars for an electric guitar solo?

Chris Downie said...

Sure, do you have a solo you wanna fill in there?