Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fancy Cocktail Party: Crank Dat!

Last Saturday, Kong hosted Fancy Cocktail Party V. It's a bianual gathering at his place, where we get dressed up and hang out. Sometimes we chat about ultimate and make the non-ultimate folks uncomfortable. Other times we talk about building waterfalls with a motorized fossil of a dinosaur that will pop out from behind the waterfall and then shoot bees out of its mouth.

This was one of those times.

Best Overall Couple
I really like this picture.

Kathryn & I won best overall couple. There was a 3-way tie for this category, which I was kinda expecting. For a title as sweeping as "Best Overall Couple" I figured everyone would be writing themselves in. I mean for real, if you don't think you're in the best overall couple, then what are you doing still dating this person?

But apparently "Best Overall Couple" meant more about style than relationship happiness. Or something like that. In any case, other folks (or at least Kathryn) was surprised to find that I had voted us the best couple. But someone else must have agreed to get us into the 3-way tie.

We were tied with Bede/Corinne and Ian/Colin. We went first and got a bit goofy by doing the "Crank Dat" move from Dance Central. Ian & Colin got sexy by doing a short, close dance, then having him dip her for a kiss. It was pretty freaking cool. Bede got confused while Corinne danced around him. Somehow folks chose goofy over sexy. I think they made the right choice.
Most Classy
Fuj & I won most classy Dude & Lady. I think it was my vest that sold it. I'm still pretty surprised that I won this. It must've been the vest. Gotta be.


After the awards, Patrick took a picture of all of us left in Kong's place. These are the Fancy Cocktail Devotees. There were at least twice as many people who showed up for a while and then left, but we were there to close the place out. It's prettymuch the core of Boom that hung around til the end, with a few close friends who are really honorary Boom members anyway.

Yes, that is a White Russian in my hand. Apparently I was the only one drinking at this party.

Maybe that's how I won most classy.

No comments: