Saturday, March 11, 2006

Love Cups!

MIT labs has done great research in the ability to find practical applications for finding some reason the most obtuse device in your house needs to be connected to the internet. Most recently, they've developed pairs of wi-fi cups that glow with greater intensity when the other half of the pair is drinking. My first reaction was: Holy crap. What a waste of time. But the analysis says that it really helps keep the spark going in long-distance relationships and with people who just don't get out often enough. Which I can kind of believe. If everytime my sippycup glowed I knew someone I cared about was thinking about me, it would make me feel good. And honestly how could you not be self-consious about thinking of your other half while drinking a cup that's going to make their cupboard glow red? But what about those who don't have a romantic other in their life, short- or long-distance? Well, I've got a great idea: Set 2 people up by giving each of them one of a pair of these cups. Only you will know who's drinking out of the other glass! And then they'll think they have a secret admirer off drinking somewhere and thinking of them! It'll be great. I swear, if I ever got one of those mugs, I'd probably just drink out of it all the time. Although it'd be disappointing if mine never lit up.

No comments: