Tuesday, March 21, 2006

existentialism?

The only word I can describe for my philosophical sentiment right now is existential. But I'm not even sure if that's the right word. As of the beginning of last week, I had a midterm paper due tomorrow. As of the end of last week, I had a draft of a midterm paper due tomorrow. I know if I had a fully written out paper that this peer review session would be substantially beneficial. And I've been trying to crank this thing out for the last 2 days. But to no avail. I have 1 page written. 1 of 6. Partially, I don't feel pressed because I know it's really due Thursday. Mostly, I can't get motivated for this paper because I've been researching the physics of an ultimate disc in flight for the last month, and it's just not an enduring topic. Additionally, there's many an aspect of my life that's falling apart right now, although it's at the "this just means a whole lot of work for me" stage rather than the "oh shit, I'm not going to be able to handle this" stage. Finally, I've come to realize how ultimately unimportant completing this paper is relative to all my other responsibilities. It's hard to focus on something you know doesn't matter at all when you've got so much that actually does matter on your mind. But i'm back to trying anyway...

No comments: