Thursday, February 19, 2009

Blogger Block

I've tried 3 times to write a new blog post. There are a handful of ideas I feel like I've mulled over enough for there to be value in me sharing them. But then I begin writing them, and my rusty writing skill doesn't do what I want to convey justice. So I try writing for a bit, look at it, and decide that it's not going how I want to. I stop and start over.

Talking about it would be easier -- on my blogs my words must speak for themselves, for I don't have that convenient feedback loop of watching the reader and changing what is said based on how well they're getting what I'm saying. I also know who's listening. I only know a handful of folks who read this, but I'm sure there are more that I don't know. Which I realize is the thrill & risk of hosting a public personal blog.

I'm not even that satisfied with this entry, but I'm sick of trying so hard and having nothing to prove for it. So nuts to that.

No comments: